8/11/12

Mordecai - Waste/Drag Down 7"

college rock

Mordecai are the best band in the state of Montana. Brothers Holt and Elijah Bodish have each been "cutest boy in Missoula, MT" at various times in the past. Current cutest boy in Missoula is still in the air but Bernie holds a strong lead). This post isn't about cutest boys or best band, though. This is about my photos being used as front and back cover for the new Mordecai 7".

that's right i took these pics

with a camera

I won't try to write a Real, Intelligent, Grammatically Correct review because I don't want to and furthermore, Elijah writes like this:
his first language is maths





They sound like youth suffering. Like young people struggling. It's a sound that represents the state of Montana. Mordecai are from Butte. I stopped in Butte once. Every other building there is abandoned, boarded up, windows shattered and rock-marked. Lots of spooky ghost town vibes and weird, winding, vertical streets that dead end, dead end, dead end.

You can buy a copy of the new record tonight at Mordecai's record release show at the VFW in downtown Missoula. I'll be there telling everyone that I took those pictures.

See also: this week's Independent

ETA: Also see this video of Mordecai playing live last night at the VFW. That's me and Hana MT out back on the sidewalk.

2 comments: